Architectural Control and Architectural Control Committee
The Purpose of the ACC is to protect the community and the homeowner, while offering free guidance and advise as a helping hand when needed. No improvement or any character and no building, including but not limited to solar designed buildings, shall be erected, placed or altered on any lot until a construction plan with specification and plot plan shown the location of the structure(s) have been approved by the Architectural Control Committee.
Please complete this request to proceed. Click Here
Two- Car Carport/ Garage Required
- Each dwelling constructed in the Braun Oaks Subdivision shall have a garage or carport suitable for parking two automobiles constructed coincidental with the erection of said dwelling.
- No boat trailer, camper body, truck, motor home, travel trailer other recreational vehicles, or similar vehicles shall be parked for storage in the driveway or front yard of any dwelling, nor shall any such vehicle be parked for storage in the side yard of any dwelling unless it is completely screened so as not to be visible from any adjoining property and any screening should be done in strict adherence to the city of San Antonio, Texas building codes.
- No noxious or offensive activity shall be carried on upon any lot, nor shall anything be done thereon which may be or may become an annoyance or nuisance to the neighborhood.
Temporary Structures Prohibited
- Except during the initial construction period, and then for the builder's use only, no structure of a temporary character, trailer, basement, tent, shack, garage, barn or other out building shall be used on any lot at any time as a residence either temporarily or permanently. This covenant further specifically includes, but is not limited to, mobile homes, manufactured homes, travel trailers, campers, motor homes, recreational vehicles, house trailers and similar vehicles.
- No sign of any kind shall be displayed to the public view on any lot except:
- One (1) professional sign of not more than one square foot;
- One (1) Sign of not more than five square feet, advertising the property for sale or rent, or signs used by a builder to advertise the property during the construction and sales period;
- One (1) builder's model home sign for each builder may be installed at the model's site not to exceed 32 square feet in size (unless approved by the Architectural Control Committee.)
No Livestock Or Poultry
- No animals, livestock, or poultry of any kind shall be raised, bred, or kept on any lot, except that dogs, cats or other household pets may be kept provided that they are not kept, bred, or maintained for any commercial purpose.
Garbage and Refuse Disposal
- No lot shall be used or maintained as a dumping ground for rubbish, trash, garbage or other waste material. All household trash, garbage or other waste shall be kept in sanitary containers. All incinerators or other equipment for the storage or disposal of such material shall be kept in a clean and sanitary condition and comply with all governing and regulatory agencies that have jurisdiction over these activities. Trash, garbage and their containers shall be exposed only on days scheduled for collection by the appropriate authority.
Fences and Walks
- No fence, wall, hedge or shrub planting shall be built or maintained forward of the front wall line of the main house. Fences may be constructed of wood with western red cedar slats, masonry, stucco, or rock (no aluminum lattice fences are permitted). There will be 3 foot concrete crosswalks at curbs and on reverse frontage corner lots; crosswalk must be on both frontages. Fences shall not exceed 6'0" in height or violate applicable City ordinances.
Radio, Television Antenna and Satellite Receivers
- Except as preempted by Federal law, rule or regulation, no radio and /or television antenna erected on any building shall exceed more than 8 feet above the highest part of the roof or that respective dwelling, shall be located on the front part of the dwelling or shall be located on the side of the dwelling nearer than 10 feet to the front wall line of the respective dwelling; satellite television receivers or dishes are allowed only behind the rear line of each dwelling and no closer to any property line than 10 feet.
The above are the highlights of the Braun Oaks Subdivision Covenants that pertain to its residents. These should help homeowners answer the most frequently asked questions. Homeowners can find additional and more specific information in the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&Rs) and the bylaws that were provided to them at closing.